Become a Member
Becoming a member of The Historical Society of The Town of Colonie has several benefits. Your membership grants you access to the following perks:
- The Colonie Historical Oracle - an informative newsletter illustrating Colonie's rich history.
- Engaging program meetings held at the William K. Sanford Town Library where guest speakers share their knowledge on topics of local interest.
- Informative field trips to historic sites.
- Annual dinner which includes a special guest speaker.
- Meeting people who have an interest and knowledge of local history.
To become a member, please complete the Historical Society of the Town of Colonie Membership form and submit along with fees to:
c/o Historical Society
Memorial Town Hall
534 New Loudon Rd
Latham, NY 12110
Please make check payable to: Historical Society of the Town of Colonie.
Become a Volunteer
Serve on a committee:
- Membership - responsible for membership drives, processing new members, maintaining a list of members, sending out dues notices and turning over dues to the Treasurer.
- Program - responsible for arranging programs for the meetings of the Society.
- Hospitality - responsible for acting as hosts and hostesses and arranging for refreshments at regular Society meetings.
- Publications - responsible for planning and producing appropriate publications and other materials concerning the Society's program.
- Collections and Museum - responsible for collecting, cataloging and storage of historic objects, books, manuscripts, newspapers and other historical source material. Arranging museum exhibits and the correct historical interpretation of these exhibits.
To become a volunteer, please complete the Historical Society of the Town of Colonie Membership form and submit to the address above.