Social Media Disclaimer
NOTICE: THIS PAGE IS NOT REGULARLY MONITORED. IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 9-1-1.
The Colonie Police Department utilizes social media to engage with residents, visitors and businesses, learn about needs and concerns in the community, contribute to relevant conversations, and to promote programs and services. No communication to the Colonie Police Department through social media shall be deemed to constitute legal or official notice for any purpose. The Colonie Police Department and the Town of Colonie assume no responsibility or liability for content not posted by the Police Department or the Town and disclaim any responsibility or liability for any misstatement, misunderstanding, and losses, directly or indirectly, attributed to the users. Posted comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the Colonie Police Department or the Town of Colonie.
The Colonie Police Department does not endorse fan posts, links, or photos. Any comments submitted to the Colonie Police Department’s social media pages are considered public records subject to disclosure pursuant to Freedom of Information Law.
Our community includes people of all ages and backgrounds. This disclaimer is intended to ensure that all posted comments are appropriate for all ages, courteous and respectful of others, and related to matters, activities, programs, policies, and/or operations relevant to the Colonie Police Department.
The Colonie Police Department reserves the right, but does not assume the obligation, to delete postings that it deems inappropriate or that it believes contain the following:
- Defamatory, vulgar, obscene, abusive, profane, threatening, hateful, intimidating, or otherwise offensive language.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Solicitations or advertisements, including promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency.
- Attempts to defraud any individual(s) or organizations.
- Posts or comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures.
- Viruses or similar harmful programs, including spam and similar content.
- Proprietary information or intellectual property that is posted without the approval of the owner. Copyrighted or trademarked images or graphics. Imagery not owned by the user.
- Comments on matters unrelated to the subject matter of the social media page; which include but are not limited to the Colonie Police Department, Town boards, Town committees or programs, policies, operations, or general areas of responsibility and representation.
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public, public officials, or public systems.
- Information that violates a local, state, or federal law or suggests or encourages illegal activity.
Users participate at their own risk, and are personally responsible for their own comments, username, and any information provided.